Facebook Dating Review: Are you stuck between being single and finding a soulmate? There is a new way to find yourself a compatible mate by utilizing the Facebook dating app. I am going to review this awesome Facebook feature on this page.
Are you looking for an alternative way to find love online? this new Facebook feature might be all you need to start this journey.
There are so many ways to meet new people on Facebook which I explained HERE in my previous updates. Facebook Dating is a trusted alternative to Find Love on Facebook.
Facebook has undoubtedly been one of the ways people meet online to either become friends or lovers. It now has its own dating app where you can find your soulmate other than just being an intermediary. Sure! I’m talking about the Facebook dating app.
I know you might have heard of it and want to give it a trial but you don’t know if it is worth the time and energy. However, I have written this review to help you see through the app while contemplating on using it or not.
Is Facebook Dating Good?
Facebook dating is just like every other dating app out there. It is one of the New Ways to Find Love on Facebook.
With the Facebook Dating App, you can meet your soulmate by just using the feature on the main Facebook app. The good thing about this is, it is absolutely free for you to use.
For you, I have gone through literally all aspects and features of this app, right from what Facebook dating app is all about, how to get on Facebook dating, and have gathered every information you need to have and all you need to know about using the Facebook dating app.
Facebook Dating Review
Facebook dating is one of Mark Zuckerberg’s extensions of his digital empire. It was first launched in 2018 and was updated in August 2019. It was formerly made available for Colombians and was later extended to reach 14 other countries. Facebook dating hits the US market and European countries in late 2020.
The Facebook dating app is an app that allows single Facebook users to find other singles who are interested in a relationship using their Facebook account.
Even though Facebook dating is seen as one of the best dating apps, it is completely free to use. However, the user base of Facebook dating is smaller compared to other dating apps, and you are compelled to connect with your Facebook account to access Facebook dating.
If you already have a Facebook account and you are interested in dating, you should give Facebook dating a thought but if you are new to Facebook and do not want to open a Facebook account, trying out other dating apps and websites won’t be a bad idea.
Is Facebook Dating Worth Using?
The truth is that Facebook Dating is arguably not the best or most secured dating application. Infact it is the least i would be recommending right now iof you strive for a breathtaking dating experience… Surprised?! That is why many people dont talk about it. About 60% of the facebook comunity have never heard of it.
These doesnt mean the Facebook Dating feature is entirely a bad dating app, it is a good app, but when compared to most paramount dating sites, especially in the united states, it struggles to get to the top lines.
Facts to know before using the Facebook Dating Feature
- Facebook dating is a feature of the already existing Facebook application and not a stand-alone app.
- It is completely free to use with no paid plans.
- Only 10% of the whole Facebook user has heard about Facebook dating while 56% claimed not to have heard about it.
- 11% of Facebook dating thought it was better than other dating apps they had tried.
- It is rated 4.0 on Play Store and 2.7 on App Store.
- Facebook dating is completely free to use.
- Facebook dating allows integration with other apps like Instagram, Messenger, and Facebook itself.
- If you already have a Facebook account, you don’t need to download a new app to begin or sign up. Just opt-in, navigate and start searching for love.
- Facebook dating is easy to use for those who do not have great technical skills or knowledge.
- Personal profile and details building are easy on Facebook dating.
- Facebook dating has more privacy concerns than other dating apps.
- As of this moment, there are not many people using Facebook dating.
- You can not take screenshots on Facebook dating for users’ safety.
- Facebook dating is less crowded than other dating apps.
- Facebook dating is currently not compatible with desktops. It can be accessed with Android or apple phones.
Who can use Facebook Dating?
Apparently, Facebook dating is not for everyone but if you fall into the categories below, you can consider using Facebook dating. It is sure not the app for everyone.
- If you already have an existing Facebook account and you are single and searching, you can try this feature on your existing Facebook app.
- If you want a free dating experience, then the Facebook Dating Feature is worth trying.
- If you haven’t used other dating apps or you are having issues navigating through the apps, you should consider Facebook dating apps.
Who cannot use the Facebook Dating Feature
You have to be sure you are not in this category before considering Facebook dating.
- If you are single and do not want to use Facebook, you should consider staying away from Facebook dating.
- If you love privacy so much that you would do anything to keep your name, face, and personal information safe, and outside of any dating site, it is recommended for you not use Facebook dating.
Common Features in the Facebook Dating
Facebook dating has unique and interesting features that make using the app user-friendly, but there are some features of the app that I found more interesting and would like to share with you.
Secret Crushes: This feature allows you to select Facebook friends who you have been secretly crushing on. This person gets notified of your crush once he/she signs up on Facebook dating.
Block Settings: This feature allows you to make sanity decisions on friends whom you want to avoid while using Facebook dating. You can create a list of Facebook users you don’t want to come across and can choose not to let friends of friends see your profile. Unfortunately, this feature only paves way for unfaithful partners who want to cheat on their spouses without being caught.
Other features of Facebook dating include:
- Second look
- On pause
- Match anywhere
- Ideal match
- Audio chat
How to Signup for Facebook Dating
Here are simple steps on New ways to find love on Facebook using Facebook dating.
For existing Facebook users
1. Log into your Facebook account to access the dating on the menu bar. You can also use the search bar on your Facebook app to access it.
2. Build your Facebook dating profile by providing relevant information.
3. Pick whom you want to date by answering prompted questions like height, and who you are interested in not. You can also skip this question if you do not want to share.
4. Select up to nine(9) profiles to get you started.
For non-existing Facebook users
1. Download the Facebook app from the Google play store or app store and sign up.
2. Sign up on Facebook. Check Here for step-by-step guidelines.
3. Sign in to your Facebook account.
Click the menu on the top right side of the homepage. (the button is three vertical dots)
Click ‘Facebook Dating’.
4. Follow the prompts and answer questions about your dating preferences.
5. Choose up to 9 profiles to add.
6. Navigate through the features for better dating experiences.
The Facebook dating app is a casual app and one of the New Ways to Find Love on Facebook.
Facebook dating is not a stand-alone app, it is a feature of the existing Facebook main app. You must have access to Facebook before using Facebook dating.
Facebook dating doesn’t share your dating activities with your friends on your newsfeeds.
On the Facebook dating app, you can’t take screenshots of chats as this is one of its security features to ensure safety guarantees for users.
You must be up to 18 years of age and above to access Facebook dating.
Facebook dating is available in several countries like Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Chad, Ecuador, Laos, Malaysia, Gunaya, Mexico, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, and Vietnam.
FAQ – Facebook Dating Review
What does it cost to use the Facebook Dating Feature?
You might be wondering; Is Facebook Dating Free? Facebook dating is completely free as of now and there haven’t been any updates or plans on changing this soon.
What is Facebook dating called?
As the name implies, Facebook tends to refer to the service as Dating on Facebook, while many news outlets have colloquially referred to it as Facebook Dating.
How do I access Facebook Dating?
Once you are 18 years and older, and Facebook’s dating feature is available in your country, you’ll see a banner on top of your News Feed inviting you to try it out.
From there, you’ll be able to fill out your profile, including details like a bio, education, religion, photos, and other preferences.
From then on, you can access your Dating homepage from the menu in the bottom right corner of the Facebook app.
Note: Facebook dating is available only on a mobile.
Can I delete my Facebook dating profile?
You can easily opt out of Facebook Dating at any point. Facebook told Cnet that deleting your dating profile also erases all of its data. However, after deleting your Facebook dating profile, you have to wait for the next seven days to be able to access Facebook dating again.
How do I delete Facebook Dating?
Go to your Dating Settings. Under Dating Account, select Delete Profile.
What is Secret Crush?
Secret Crush is a feature of the Facebook dating service that helps you find out if secret crushes like you back. Once you’ve joined Dating on Facebook, you’ll be able to create a list of up to nine friends that you’re interested in. If they also join Dating on Facebook, they’ll be notified that they have a secret crush. If they also create a Secret Crush list and put you on it, Facebook will let both of you know that you’ve matched.